I dont know if this is the right group to post this but I've been looking into World Overshoot Days.
If any of you are wondering what this is, World Overshoot Day shows which date a country uses all of the Earths natural resources for that year that it can no longer regenerate to cover our demands.
Reading up on this the UK reached its Overshoot Day May 16th. Out of every country is this world 🌎 there are only 5 that make it into December!!
As human consumers we are doing this to our own planet, the one thing that allows us to even exist. I hate to sound like I'm preaching but our planet needs help.
If every household made subtle little changes we can help. Small ways such as:
1. Reducing your plastic waste, especially single use. Reuse, recycle, reduce
2. Turn off lighting in rooms that are not in use.
3. Plant flowers, shrubs, bushes or trees
4. Walk or cycle where possible especially those short journeys where really you don't need to use a vehicle.
5. Compost food wastes, eat less meat in your daily diets & don't over buy.
I'm sure many of you share these views too. There is no Planet B.
Thanks for reading 📚 🥰