I dont know if this is the right group to post this but I've been looking into World Overshoot Days.

If any of you are wondering what this is, World Overshoot Day shows which date a country uses all of the Earths natural resources for that year that it can no longer regenerate to cover our demands.
Reading up on this the UK reached its Overshoot Day May 16th. Out of every country is this world 🌎 there are only 5 that make it into December!!
As human consumers we are doing this to our own planet, the one thing that allows us to even exist. I hate to sound like I'm preaching but our planet needs help.
If every household made subtle little changes we can help. Small ways such as:
1. Reducing your plastic waste, especially single use. Reuse, recycle, reduce
2. Turn off lighting in rooms that are not in use.
3. Plant flowers, shrubs, bushes or trees
4. Walk or cycle where possible especially those short journeys where really you don't need to use a vehicle.
5. Compost food wastes, eat less meat in your daily diets & don't over buy.

I'm sure many of you share these views too. There is no Planet B.
Thanks for reading πŸ“š πŸ₯°

9 comments,0 shares,15 likes
catallenby
about 1 year

@samanthalythgo honestly schools are pants at the moment. One of my friends had the same sort of message but with plastic bottles too, she refused & the teachers wouldn't let her daughter take her drink into school!! She had to drink from the fountain using a plastic cup, she's been pulled out of school until that changes.
I personally am a Pescatarian for health issues, I cant eat meat. We get all fruit/veg from markets, meat from butchers, milk from milkman. I have solid hand soap, shampoo & shower stuff, bamboo toothbrushes, reusable kitchen roll & toothpaste tabs in a tin.
I really enjoy being as plasyic free as possible. I love that your girl did that. Kids need to be the ones that understand it & carry it on. xx

samanthalythgo
about 1 year

@Benjiman Grapes if only everyone would make changes

Benjiman Grapes
about 1 year

@samanthalythgo aye we have milk delivered, or veg comes from local grocer and delivered in large cardboard tray they collect on next delivery. Our detergent and washing liquid is Eco, and we buy the large cases you see in the refill stores. But I have then in my shed. Haven't bought washing liquid or detergent since Christmas!

samanthalythgo
about 1 year

@Benjiman Grapes we have reusable ones that we wash but to be fair we rarely go anywhere we need them. We have milk in glass bottles, plastic free veg and fruit boxes and organic meat delivered. My milkman also deliver washing up liquid and washing detergent in glass bottles which they then take back and recycle. It’s so simple to make changes that help. My lady tells people off with plastic, she came to me when she was 4 or 5 and made me promise I’d do everything I can to save the animals and earth. And that is what we do

Benjiman Grapes
about 1 year

@samanthalythgo I have huge hate for general public wearing medical N95 disposable masks. No need.

Josh
about 1 year

Something needs to change. We need to push for a more natural way of life. We build things too much, destroy countrysides, and hollow our countries by mining and fracking. There has to be solutions, and Governments need removing from power and in their stead we need scientific minds in place to help up move into the future safely for the sake of the generations still to come.

samanthalythgo
about 1 year

We’ve just been told the kids have to take their lunch in plastic bags that can be thrown away each day due to Covid. My 7 year old simple said no! I’m not doing it! I’ll take my box and that’s that! (Her bamboo box ) I can see an argument with the school coming πŸ˜‚

catallenby
about 1 year

It is really sad πŸ˜₯ 😞 xx

jessie
about 1 year

Our planet does need help so true, it's crazy hey πŸŒŽπŸŒπŸŒπŸ˜”