2 weeks ago we began looking for property to buy, I was feeling so full of hope and there were a few great options.

but today, the fires near us have taken out 1 of those homes, and the others are also likely to be destroyed. its beyond sad, but what I feel the most is anger. anger towards all those who dont care about climate change. anger towards our "leaders" who clearly are only interested in 💰. anger towards all the wineries who pump from the river, the main water source for over 1 million people and countless farms. anger towards all the people who wash their fucking cars daily even though we are all required to limit our water usage during the fire season.

its disgusting. I dont trust anyone in charge at this point, and I feel like we're in the middle of a huge psyop.

so cheers to 2 weeks ago when I was dancing to one of my favorite songs, harvesting herbs, my heart and spirit light and hopeful. I know we will find our place, and I have a feeling it will be in Oregon🖤

7 comments,0 shares,45 likes
freyadottern
about 1 year

I know how you feel... Here in my country the stupid President not only happy to agreed the forest deforestation, he also supports and incentives that kind of thing. In the last year the agricultural sector make a ”Day of fire”, and put together fire in various points of the Amazon forest. The results Are devastating and for two days almost the country see the sky in red. The government make nothing. It’s so heartbreaking to me...

mariahlynn
about 1 year

@J. Scott Myers thank you🖤 and yes, I am gaining knowledge and confidence through these events💫

J. Scott Myers
about 1 year

The wildfires have been a huge risk and destroyer there. Glad you are safe and hopefully you can take this catastrophe as a way to plan and teach for others.

ᛗᚨᛁᚲᛖᛚ
about 1 year

Stay safe!

blóð hrafn
about 1 year

@mariahlynn for me and why I have decided on the Ozarks in Missouri..where I'm looking at you can get 5 acres for around $7000, you can have alternative power(freedom power is actually not too far from there-manufacturers of hybrid systems along with pure solar or pure wind systems), they don't have all the building codes and regulations, no regulations against collecting rain water. so if was desired could go completely off grid and build the way you wanted to

mariahlynn
about 1 year

@Hrafn73 I thought of that after you post 😁

blóð hrafn
about 1 year

lol there is always the Ozarks, plus land is fairly cheap down there