My first rock carving went great today and made a fitting addition to my altar! Touched up with some watter down acrylic paint to make it pop a little more and it fits the aesthetic perfectly πŸ˜πŸ™Œ

6 comments,0 shares,35 likes
Branchoftheworldtree
3 months

@B-Snizzle thank you friend as soon as i have the chance to get one of these I'll post how it went carving the stones

B-Snizzle
3 months

@Branchoftheworldtree Hey! So after checking the bits here's what I got! I started with a 125 Highspeed cutter but that just wasn't doing anything against the stone. Then I tried a Tungsten carbide tip and that was great but didn't achieve the detail I wanted, so I ended up using the 7134 Diamond Wheel Point bit and that did me well.

Hope this helps! Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!

Kenny Chavers
3 months

I’ll take 2.

Branchoftheworldtree
3 months

@B-Snizzle thank you so much friend I'll be sure to remember that,I'm hoping to get a Dremel in the next year or so,so I can make my own runes and stones,you did amazing with this and I hope I do half as well when I try it

B-Snizzle
3 months

@Branchoftheworldtree Hey! So I actually used a my dremel! I tried using a few bits and finally on the third but found the best mix between detail and ability to remove material. Tomorrow morning I'll look at which bit it was :)

Branchoftheworldtree
3 months

How did you carve it if you don't mind me asking I'd like to give that a try soon