People often ask me why I refer to my brand as Berserker coaching (PT) and here is why...

A few year back I broke my knee. Dislocated my patella and tore my patella tendon. I’ve had two surgeries on it since. I lost my way, I lost my sport (rugby) that I had been playing since I was 5 years old. I went off the rails with training and didn’t do it used the knee as an excuse as I believed I had no reason to train. No purpose. But at the beginning of the year I had a long hard word with myself. Had to remind myself who the F*ck I was, and what I am capable of. This is why I chose Berserker’s as my brand identity... (I’m sure you all know this).

Berserkers (or berserks) were champion Norse warriors who are primarily reported in Icelandic literature to have fought in a trance-like fury, a characteristic which later gave rise to the English word berserk. To "go berserk" was to "hamask", which translates as "change form", in this case, as with the sense "enter a state of wild fury". One who could transform as a berserker was typically thought of as "hamrammr" or "shapestrong". The significance of this is my goal is to transform my clients. Make them mentally and physically fitter and stronger. Overcome any obstacle in their way, hamask their shape and improve on their well being, mental and physical health and fitness. If you think you are not capable, you are.

5 comments,0 shares,15 likes
Cindy
over 1 year

Thank You for being so motivational!

Chris Price
over 1 year

@Tarran I’ve never noticed that before! Hahaha.

TarranTravelsTime
over 1 year

Perfect timing on the music 😂👌🏻👊🏻

Amber Astara
over 1 year

Thank you for sharing this! This is very motivational. I’ve been in and out of working out cause of returning synovitis in both wrist for 3 years now. Last January i got surgery on my right wrist and 3 weeks ago in my left. Even though i am still scared of it to come back again i do not want it to be an excuse of not working out at all.

OddHarvester89
over 1 year

I'm 7 weeks into healing from the same type of injury! Dislocated patella, torn remedial ligament, nasty bone bruise. It hasn't been fun but I was lucky that I won't need surgery. Back to at least light duty next week. But I feel like I lost so much progress. I have a lot to catch up on.