Over the moon with my afternoon, as I just hit a new 10km PB of 45:37.

Three months ago I was 14st 6lb which was my heaviest and I couldn’t run 5km without stopping and been out of breath.

Today I’m 2 stone lighter and just put this time out. My motivation has never been better and everyday I push myself to get better.

There is never a bad time to make a start and with some self believe you will be amazed at what you can achieve!!!!

13 comments,1 shares,31 likes
Benjiman Grapes
over 1 year

@chris lamb cheers dude!

chris lamb
over 1 year

@Benjiman Grapes Brother this is great to hear!!! I was the same never had to worry about weight and then moving into the middle of the dales and been isolated him me mentally!

I am lucky that I have a some free time and my sleep is not disrupted! (Although I’m sure the little gets away with it! Haha)

Just getting yourself out and giving yourself a more active lifestyle is always a great start!!! Helps the mind, body and soul!

Keep it going and I look forward to keeping up with how things are going!!! 💪🏼

Benjiman Grapes
over 1 year

I hear this post! I'm at my largest ever, 14st 10lb up until 6 years ago I always fluctuated from 10st 5lb to 11st. 6lb. Had some seriously tough years, unhappy in work, then redundancy, told we couldn't have kids and injury (broken arm, slipped disc and compressed disc) . Life's back on track now, bought a house, new career, got a kid! So now I just need to get my weight back in check. But having a 2 year old and we both work, finding time to excersise is difficult, especially as the barnacle is going through some disturbed sleep phase and we essentially broken all day haha. I have started using my son as a weight to lift and bought him a bike seat for my MTB so I can put some miles in on trails. Small steps I guess.

unknown_user
over 1 year

@chris lamb Thanks. And well done again.

chris lamb
over 1 year

@Thomas Sc not a problem at all!

When I first started I was going out about 4/5 times a week! But these was not pushing myself to my limits everytime. Two of them runs would be a nice slow steady one.

unknown_user
over 1 year

@chris lamb Thanks. So out of curiosity, and I hope you don’t mind me asking, how regularly did you go out for a run when you started?

MissE
over 1 year

smashed it!

chris lamb
over 1 year

@Thomas Sc you can do it!

As long as you are getting yourself out you are making progress!!!! Just getting in the rhythm of going out regularly with the mind set to run is key!

unknown_user
over 1 year

@chris lamb Thanks. I really should start. A lot of weight to loose. Not fit. I live in a great place for running too - and now is a great time of year to start.

chris lamb
over 1 year

@Thomas Sc not to start with I didn’t no! I just made sure I got myself out and moving to start with! Didn’t set any targets or distances. Just go out and run till I was tired! Then once I was able to run for 5km without stopping I looked into running plans.

unknown_user
over 1 year

@chris lamb Did you use any apps, training guides, etc to help you start? And tips?

chris lamb
over 1 year

@Thomas Sc thanks brother. Well we all have to start somewhere!

unknown_user
over 1 year

Well done. That’s amazing. I couldn’t run for 5 seconds, never mind 5km.